1. The image helps fulfill the intention of copyright law to stimulate creativity for the enrichment of the general public.
2. The image is not used for reasons of personal profit.
3. The artwork has a brief description that identifies it, and provides attribution to the copyright holder.
4. As an artwork, the image is not replaceable by free content; any other image of the work would also be copyrighted.
5. The image is of sufficient resolution for commentary and identification but lower resolution than the original. Copies made from it will be unsuitable as artwork on counterfeit goods or other uses that would compete with the commercial purpose of the original work.
6. The use of the image does not in any way affect the value of the original work or limit the copyright holder's rights or ability to market or sell their product.